The next meeting of Full Council will take place on Monday 3 October at 7pm. The Planning Committee meeting scheduled for Monday 19 September has been postponed and will now take place on Monday 26 September at 7pm.
When and where
- Date: 21 February 2022
- Time: 7:00 pm
- Location: The Council Chamber, Higher Market Street, Penryn, TR10 8LT
- Meeting agenda pack (PDF)
- Meeting minutes (PDF) Please note: minutes remain as a draft until approved at the next Planning Committee meeting.
- Feasibility Study – Saracen Way, Penryn (PDF)
Members of the public wishing to speak regarding items on the agenda will need to make a request to the Town Clerk before noon (12:00 pm) on the day of the meeting. Please also make sure you have read the Protocol for Public Speaking at Council Meetings.
This is a public meeting. It could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media, or members of the public. We aim to ensure that members of the public are not filmed without consent but cannot guarantee it. Especially if you are speaking or taking an active role. If you are speaking during a virtual meeting with your camera switched on, it will be broadcast and recorded as part of our live stream.
Planning applications that will be discussed at this meeting are as follows:
- Address: 72 West Street, Penryn
- Description of work: Removal of attached timber outbuilding to rear of 72 West Street which has become dilapidated and unfit for use
- Applicant: Mrs K Sykes
- Response deadline: 22 February 2022
- Address: 15 Trelowen Drive, Penryn
- Description of work: Works to tree namely:- T1 – Sweet Chestnut – crown lift from 1.8m to 3.5m to gain acceptable clearance over garden and fence – subject to a Tree Preservation Order (TPO)
- Applicant: P Bannister
- Response deadline: 22 February 2022
- Address: Penryn Campus, Penryn
- Description of work: Reserved Matters application for appearance, layout and scale following outline approval W2/PA08/01579
- Applicant: Russell, Falmouth Exeter Plus
- Response deadline: 28 February 2022
- Address: Round Ring Gardens, Penryn
- Description of work: Works to trees namely: G001 and G002 Common Ash, fell Ash die back – T001 (not specified) fell, dead – T003 Common Ash, fell dead T005 Common Ash fell – subject to a Tree Preservation Order (TPO)
- Applicant: Mr R Philp, RPS Maintenance Ltd
- Address: 41 St Gluvias Street, Penryn
- Description of Work: Listed building consent for replacement of all existing windows
- Applicant: Mr Griffin
- Address: 10 Vinery Meadow, Penryn
- Description of work: Works to a tree subject to a Tree Preservation Order (TPO) works include the removal of epicormic growth from the stem of a mature Tilia tree
- Applicant: Mr T Pugh
To receive apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of interest
To receive declarations of interest in respect of any items on the agenda and to consider requests from members for dispensations.
3. Public participation
An opportunity for members of the public to address the Town Council concerning matters on the agenda. Find out more about public participation at meetings and make a request to speak.
4. Planning Minutes
To approve, as a correct record, minutes 79 to 85 of the meeting of the Planning Committee held on 17 January 2022. Details on pages 3 to 5 of the agenda pack.
To receive items of correspondence relevant to the committee.
6. Updates on Planning Applications from the Cornwall Council Members (Information Only)
To receive any updates on planning applications from the Cornwall Council members – for information only
7. Planning applications
To consider the planning applications submitted for observation. Details on page 6 of the agenda pack.
8. Decisions notices
To note the planning decision notices from Cornwall Council. Details on pages 7 and 8 of the agenda pack.
9. Green Guide
To discuss supporting, in principle, the production of a Green Guide
10. Saracen Way, Penryn, Feasibility Report EDG1856
To receive the feasibility report (EDG1856) by CORMAC for Saracen Way, Penryn regarding concerns and improving traffic flow and to consider the proposal to add to the Community Network Panels Expressions of Interest by the closing date of the 25 February 2022
11. Falmouth & Penryn Conservation Areas Advisory Committee (F&PCAAC)
To note the minutes of the F&PCAAC meetings held on 10 January 2022.
Not yet available