When and where
- Date: 21.11.2022
- Time: 7:00 pm
- Location: The Council Chamber, Higher Market Street, Penryn, TR10 8LT
- Meeting agenda pack (PDF)
- Meeting minutes (PDF) – not yet available
We’re working on making our published documents more accessible. You may also request a published document in an alternative format.
Members of the public wishing to speak regarding items on the agenda will need to make a request to the Town Clerk before noon (12:00 pm) on the day of the meeting. Please also make sure you have read the Protocol for Public Speaking at Council Meetings.
This is a public meeting. It could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media, or members of the public. We aim to ensure that members of the public are not filmed without consent but cannot guarantee it. Especially if you are speaking or taking an active role. If you are speaking during a virtual meeting with your camera switched on, it will be broadcast and recorded as part of our live stream.
Planning applications that will be discussed at this meeting are listed below.
|Application Number||Details||Response Deadline|
|PA22/07123||Address: Land North of Golden Acre, Durgan Lane, Penryn
Description of work: Reserved matters application for appearance, landscaping, layout and scale following outline approval without the compliance of conditions 2 and 3 in relation to decision notice PA20/11423
Applicant: Ms J Hepburn
|29 November 2022|
|PA22/08245||Address: 26 North Parade, Falmouth
Description of work: Proposed new dwelling
Applicant: Mr and Mrs D Muddeman
|17 November 2022|
|PA22/08575||Address: Penryn Library, St Thomas Street, Penryn
Description of work: Replace existing wood frame windows (like for like) as follows: 6 x 12 pane; 2 x 9 pane; 3 x top hung 3 pane; 2 x top hung 6 pane and roof pitch fixed light
Applicant: Penryn Town Council
|9 November 2022|
|PA22/08749||Address: Land West of 13 College Green, College Green, Penryn
Description of work: Application for tree works within a TPO: three sycamore trees heavily leaning towards property in College Green from Network Rail land
Applicant: Mr L McDonnell, Network Rail
|13 November 2022|
|PA22/09532||Address: 27 South View, Penryn
Description of work: Additional storey to bungalow
Applicant: Ms M Devine
|15 November 2022|
|PA21/07358||Address: 28 North Parade, Falmouth
Description of work: Demolition of existing building and erection of 4 dwellings
Appeal Application going to Bristol Planning Inspectorate
|22 November 2022|
|PA22/09992||Address: Pentrig, West End, Penryn
Description of work: Non material amendment (2) in relation to decision notice PA21/00806 dated 03.03.21 for a small raising of the flat roof level, change of material to the external wall, introduction of a green roof with roof light, a double glazed door
Applicant: Mrs Tatham
|29 November 2022|
To receive apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of interest
To receive declarations of interest in respect of any items on the agenda and to consider requests from members for dispensations.
3. Public participation
An opportunity for members of the public to address the Town Council concerning matters on the agenda. Find out more about public participation at meetings and make a request to speak.
4. Planning minutes
To approve as a correct record, minutes 51 to 60 of the meeting of the Planning Committee held on 26 September 2022. Details on pages 3 to 5 of the agenda pack.
To receive items of correspondence relevant to the committee.
6. Updates on Planning Applications from Cornwall Council Member(s) (Information Only)
To receive any updates on planning applications from the Cornwall Council members – for information only.
7. Planning applications
To consider the planning applications submitted for observation. Details on page 6 of the agenda pack.
8. Decisions notices
To note the planning decision notices from Cornwall Council. Details on page 7 of the agenda pack.
9. Additional Paragraph for Planning Applications
To discuss the additional paragraph for all planning applications in regard to the Climate Emergency DPD.
10. Falmouth & Penryn Conservation Areas Advisory Committee (F&PCAAC)
To note the minutes of the F&PCAAC meeting on 3 October 2022. Details on pages 9 to 11 of the agenda pack.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE OF PENRYN HELD ON MONDAY
21 NOVEMBER 2022 AT 7:00PM IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBER, HIGHER MARKET STREET, PENRYN, TR10 8LT
Councillors Present: Tucker (Chairman), Doyle, Jordan, Milan, Russell, Wenmoth, Widdon and Williams
In Attendance: Linda Body (Administration Officer)
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Bennett, Grant, Harrison, Hanks, Kirby, Langan, May, and Ronchetti. In the absence of the Chairman and Vice-Chairman, it was agreed that Councillor Tucker would take the Chair.
62. Declarations of Interest
There were no declarations of interest or requests for dispensations.
63. Public Participation
No requests had been received from members of the public wishing to speak at the meeting.
64. Planning minutes
It was RESOLVED that minute numbers 51 to 60 of the Planning Committee held on 17 October 2022 be approved.
Proposed by Councillor Jordan and seconded by Councillor Williams.
There were no items of correspondence relevant to the committee.
66. Updates on Planning Applications from Cornwall Council Members (Information Only)
Councillor Widdon reported:
- Cornwall Council voted in favour of the PODS to be sited on the Commercial Road Car Park. Members of the public will appeal the decision.
- Spectrum, Truro Hill, Penryn – a planning application for the property is expected and Councillor Widdon will update the meeting then.
- Investment Zones, to provide investment into areas for development, have been proposed for Penryn Campus and Falmouth Docks. The Docks is hoping to get offshore wind generation and dredging approval. This depends on the go ahead from Government.
- Treveth (an arms-length company of Cornwall Council). Their mission is to improve people’s lives by building successful and sustainable communities where local people want to live. They are actively trying to acquire any properties in Cornwall and turn them into Cornwall Council housing properties. Councillor Widdon asked to be informed if Councillors became aware of any abandoned properties in Penryn that could be used for this purpose.
- Stoke House – still trying to obtain contractors to properly insulate the property, there are very few suitable insulation companies able to carry out the work.
- There are currently 25 people in Falmouth and Penryn that are homeless and 130 on Cornwall’s housing register that urgently require accommodation. Renting out spare rooms and shared ownership schemes should be supported.
67. Planning Applications
PA22/07123 – Land North of Golden Acre, Durgan Lane, Penryn
It was RESOLVED that the Town Council fully supports the planning application.
Proposed by Councillor Widdon and seconded by Councillor Jordan
PA22/08245 – 26 North Parade, Penryn
It was RESOLVED that the Town Council has no objections to the application.
Proposed by Councillor Widdon and seconded by Councillor Wenmoth
PA22/08749 – Land West of 13 College Green, College Green, Penryn
It was RESOLVED that the Town Council objects to the application due to no report available from the Tree Officer and the works to be carried out were unspecified.
Proposed by Councillor Widdon and seconded by Councillor Russell
PA22/09532 – 27 South View, Penryn
It was RESOLVED that the Town Council fully supports the application.
Proposed by Councillor Widdon and seconded by Councillor Milan
PA21/07358 – 28 North Parade, Penryn (Appeal Application going to Bristol Planning Inspectorate)
It was RESOLVED that the Town Council does not wish to make further comments or modify/withdraw its previous representation of ’no objections’ on this application.
Proposed by Councillor Wenmoth and seconded by Councillor Williams
PA22/09992 – Pentrig, West End, Penryn
It was RESOLVED that the Town Council fully supports the application.
Proposed by Councillor Widdon and seconded by Councillor Wenmoth.
68. Decision Notices
The list of decision notices received since the last meeting were noted.
69. Additional Planning Paragraph
After a short discussion it was RESOLVED that the following paragraph be included on all appropriate planning applications:
“With the emergence of Cornwall Council’s Climate Emergency DPD the Town Council wishes to direct planning applicants to use this document to ensure that all recommendations in it are met”.
Proposed by Councillor Widdon and seconded by Councillor Jordan.
70. Falmouth and Penryn Conservatgion Areas Advisory Committee (F&PCAAC)
The minutes of the Falmouth and Penryn Conservation Areas Advisory Committee meeting held on the 3 October 2022 were noted.
There being no further business to transact, the meeting was closed at 7.45pm