When and where
- Date: 17 May 2022
- Time: 7:00 pm
- Location: The Council Chamber, Higher Market Street, Penryn, TR10 8LT
- Meeting agenda pack (PDF)
- Meeting minutes (PDF) – Please note: minutes remain as a draft until approved at the next Planning Committee meeting.
Members of the public wishing to speak regarding items on the agenda will need to make a request to the Town Clerk before noon (12:00 pm) on the day of the meeting. Please also make sure you have read the Protocol for Public Speaking at Council Meetings.
This is a public meeting. It could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media, or members of the public. We aim to ensure that members of the public are not filmed without consent but cannot guarantee it. Especially if you are speaking or taking an active role. If you are speaking during a virtual meeting with your camera switched on, it will be broadcast and recorded as part of our live stream.
Planning applications that will be discussed at this meeting are as follows:
- Address: Land at Kernick Farm, Off Kernick Road, Penryn
- Description of work: Full application for the development of 87 dwellings, associated infrastructure, open space, landscaping, access roads, parking and boundary treatments
- Applicant: Oakleigh Homes (SW) Ltd
- Response deadline: 18 May 2022
- Address: 90 Lower Market Street, Penryn
- Description of work: Listed Building Consent for domestic underground gas supply (meter out of sight and not visible to frontage)
- Applicant: Mr M Miller
- Response deadline: 20 May 2022
- Address: 18 Truro Lane, Penryn
- Description of work: Single storey side extension
- Applicant: Ms A Hanks
- Response deadline: 17 May 2022
- Address: Kernow House, 17 Green Lane, Penryn
- Description of work: Proposed 2 storey extension to provide additional office space, boardroom/training room. Disabled toilet and disabled access
- Applicant: Miss Z Simmons
- Response Deadline: 17 May 2022
- Address: Land to the North of Potter’s Meadow, Kernick Road, Penryn
- Description of Work: New dwelling house with variation of condition 2 of decision PA20/10832 dated 25.02.2021
- Applicant: Ms K Venner De Cortez
- Response Deadline: 17 May 2022
- Address: 25 Higher Market Street, Penryn
- Description of work: Listed Building Consent for retaining of first floor external walls, alterations to the first-floor deck and addition of x 1 rooflight and x 1 door
- Applicant: Mr P Chapple, London and City Group
- Response Deadline: 18 May 2022
1. Election of Chairman
To elect the Chairman for the forthcoming Municipal year.
To receive apologies for absence.
3. Declarations of interest and dispensations
To receive declarations of interest in respect of any items on the agenda and to consider requests from members for dispensations.
4. Public participation
An opportunity for members of the public to address the Town Council concerning matters on the agenda. Find out more about public participation at meetings and make a request to speak.
5. Election of Vice-Chairman
To elect the Vice-Chairman for the forthcoming Municipal year.
To approve, as a correct record, minutes 108 to 116 of the meeting of the Planning Committee held on 19 April 2022. Details on pages 3 to 7 of the agenda pack.
To receive items of correspondence relevant to the committee.
8. Updates on Planning Applications from the Cornwall Council Member(s) (Information Only)
To receive any updates on planning applications from the Cornwall Council members – for information only
9. Planning applications
To consider the planning applications submitted for observation. Details on page 8 of the agenda pack.
10. Decisions notices
To note the planning decision notices from Cornwall Council. Details on pages 9 and 10 of the agenda pack.
11. Falmouth & Penryn Conservation Areas Advisory Committee (F&PCAAC)
To note the minutes of the F&PCAAC meetings held on 4 April 2022. Details on pages 11 to 13 of the agenda pack.
Not yet available