Mock Mayor elections are taking place on Saturday 30 September in the Temperance Hall, come along at 6pm to register for election, get your speech ready for the elections to commence at 6:30pm https://www.penryn-tc.gov.uk/council_events/penryn-mock-mayor-2023/
When and where
- Date: 28.11.2022
- Time: 7:00 pm
- Location: Council Chamber, Town Hall, Higher Market Street, Penryn TR10 8LT
- Meeting agenda pack (PDF)
- Meeting minutes (PDF) – Please note: minutes remain as a draft until approved at the next Council meeting.
We’re working on making our published documents more accessible. You may also request a published document in an alternative format.
Members of the public wishing to speak regarding items on the agenda will need to make a request to the Town Clerk before noon (12:00 pm) on the day of the meeting. Please also make sure you have read the Protocol for Public Speaking at Council Meetings.
This is a public meeting. It could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media, or members of the public. We aim to ensure that members of the public are not filmed without consent but cannot guarantee it. Especially if you are speaking or taking an active role. If you are speaking during a virtual meeting with your camera switched on, it will be broadcast and recorded as part of our live stream.
Dear Resident – You are hereby invited to attend a meeting of Penryn Town Council to be held on Monday 28 November 2022 at 7pm in the Council Chamber, Penryn Town Hall, Higher Market Street, Penryn TR10 8LT for the transaction of the undermentioned business.
PLEASE NOTE: This meeting has been advertised as a public meeting and as such could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public. Please be aware that whilst every effort is taken to ensure that members of the public are not filmed, we cannot guarantee this, especially if you are speaking or taking an active role
To receive apologies for non-attendance
2. Declarations of interest and dispensations
To receive declarations of interest in respect of any item on this agenda and to consider requests from Members for dispensations.
3. Public participation
Members of public who wish to speak should contact the Town Council by 12.00p.m. on Monday 28 November 2022 to register. An opportunity for members of the public to address the Town Council concerning matters on the agenda. Find out more about public participation at meetings and make a request to speak.
To approve as a correct record minutes 89 to 107 of the meeting of the Council held on 14 November 2022
5. Budget 2023/24 – First Draft
To consider the budget proposals for the 2023/24 financial year
The numbering of minutes is sequential and continues from the previous meeting’s minutes, the numbering restarts at the Annual Meeting of the Council.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF PENRYN HELD ON MONDAY 28 NOVEMBER 2022 AT 7:00PM IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBER, TOWN HALL, HIGHER MARKET STREET, PENRYN
Councillors present: Tucker (Town Mayor), May (Deputy Mayor), Doyle, Grant, Jordan, Kirby, Langan, Milan, Russell, Widdon and Wenmoth
In Attendance: Helen Perry (Town Clerk), Robert Oliver (Finance Officer)
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Bennett, Hanks, Milan (away), Harrison and Williams.
Councillor Langan was absent, no apology given.
109. Declarations of Interest and Dispensations
There were no declarations of interest or requests for dispensations.
110. Public Participation
No requests had been received from members of the public wishing to speak at the meeting.
RESOLVED that minute numbers 89 to 107 of the meeting of the Council held on 14 November 2022 be approved and signed as a correct record.
Proposed by Councillor Grant and seconded by Councillor May
Councillor Widdon requested to be recorded as abstaining from the vote
112. Budget 2023/24 – First Draft
The Finance Officer presented the first draft of the budget for the 2023/24 financial year.
The Town Clerk confirmed that the EMR listed on the report for the CIL funds as £3,821.93 was incorrect and should read £11,748.36, the overall total of £129,737.46 was correct.
Following questions, it was reported:
- Temperance Hall Internet – we have been unable to get an internet connection into the Temperance (Teetotal) Hall, at the present time the use of a dongle was discounted due to security concerns
- CCTV – we are currently in a four-year contract with Cornwall Fire and Rescue, Council will be given the opportunity to decide if it wishes to continue with CCTV, or alternative suppliers prior to the end of the contract period.
- Keep Warm Scheme – the Administration Officer will carry out a risk assessment, and subject to it being satisfactory teas/coffees will be available in the library.
- Christmas Lights Funds – the Christmas Lights are reused, the funds a predominantly used for the purchase of the Christmas Trees/barrels and to replace any lights that have perished.
- Town Hall Roof – still trying to get a survey of the roof completed, access is an issue due to the location of the building.
- British Gas Bills (unmetered supply) – the Council have received bills for the unmetered supply of electricity for the CCTV cameras, totalling approximately £18,000, the bills date back to 2014. The Finance Officer is looking into the situation.
The recent election in the Bissom Ward of Penryn cost £3,471
- There are no additions or deductions to be made to the budget.
- Prior to the December Council meeting the Town Clerk and Finance Officer will try to resolve the CCTV electricity bills
- The budget will be presented for approval at the December 2022 Council meeting.
Proposed by Councillor May and seconded by Councillor Jordan
There being no further business to transact, the meeting was closed at 7:30pm