When and where
- Date: 07.02.2022
- Time: 7:00 pm
- Location: Penryn Town Hall, Higher Market Street, Penryn TR10 8LT
- Meeting agenda pack (PDF)
- Meeting minutes (PDF) – Please note: minutes remain as a draft until approved at the next Council meeting.
We’re working on making our published documents more accessible. You may also request a published document in an alternative format.
Members of the public wishing to speak regarding items on the agenda will need to make a request to the Town Clerk before noon (12:00 pm) on the day of the meeting. Please also make sure you have read the Protocol for Public Speaking at Council Meetings.
This is a public meeting. It could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media, or members of the public. We aim to ensure that members of the public are not filmed without consent but cannot guarantee it. Especially if you are speaking or taking an active role. If you are speaking during a virtual meeting with your camera switched on, it will be broadcast and recorded as part of our live stream.
You are hereby invited to attend a meeting of Penryn Town Council to be held on Monday 7 February 2022 at 7pm in the Town Hall, Higher Market Street, Penryn TR10 8LT for the transaction of the undermentioned business.
PLEASE NOTE: This meeting has been advertised as a public meeting and as such could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public. Please be aware that whilst every effort is taken to ensure that members of the public are not filmed, we cannot guarantee this, especially if you are speaking or taking an active role.
To receive apologies for non-attendance
2. Declarations of Interest and Dispensations
To receive declarations of interest in respect of any item on this agenda and to consider requests from Members for dispensations.
3. Public Participation
Members of public who wish to speak should contact the Town Council by 12.00p.m. on Monday 7 February 2022 to register. An opportunity for members of the public to address the Town Council concerning matters on the agenda. Find out more about public participation at meetings and make a request to speak.
- To approve as a correct record minutes 126 to 140 of the meeting of the Council held on 10 January 2022
5. Committee Minutes
- To note the minutes of the meeting of the Planning Committee held on 17 January 2022
- To note the minutes of the meeting of the Staffing Committee held on 20 January 2022
6. Minutes from Outside Groups
- To note the minutes of the meeting of the Place Shaping Board held on 11 January 2022
- To note the minutes of the Falmouth and Penryn Community Network Panel meeting held on 25 January 2022
To receive items of correspondence relevant to the Council.
8. Mayor’s Announcements and Engagements
To note the Mayor’s Engagements between 10 January 2022 and 6 February 2022 and to make any announcements.
9. Representations by Cornwall Council Members and Reports from Councillors Attending External Meetings
10. Town Clerk Report
To receive an update report from the Town Clerk
11. Accounts – 1 December to 31 October 2021
To approve a list of accounts paid and the monthly statement for the period 1 December to 31 December 2021
12. Community Grants
To consider requests for community grants:
- Cornwall Air Ambulance
- Penryn W.I.
13. Council Projects
To receive an update on the current progress of the Council’s projects
14. Letter to Cornwall Housing
To resolve to write a letter to Cornwall Housing requesting that the outside of Saracen House is cleaned.
15. CCTV Camera Replacement
To approve the expenditure to replace CCTV camera OST028
16. Selection of Town Mayor for the 2022/23 Municipal Year
To select a Town Mayor for the 2022/23 civic year
17. Proposals for Community Network Panel Funding
To receive recommendations from the Parking Group and to submit Expressions of Interest by the closing date of 25 February 2022
18. Risk Management Update
To note the updated Risk Management Plan
16. Review of Internal Controls
To review the effectiveness of internal controls
The numbering of minutes is sequential and continues from the previous meeting’s minutes, the numbering restarts at the Annual Meeting of the Council.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF PENRYN HELD ON MONDAY 7 FEBRUARY 2022 AT 7:00PM IN THE TOWN HALL, HIGHER MARKET STREET, PENRYN