When and where
- Date: 12.09.2022
- Time: 7:00 pm
- Location: Council Chamber, Town Hall, Higher Market Street, Penryn TR10 8LT
- Meeting agenda pack (PDF)
- Meeting minutes (PDF) – Please note: minutes remain as a draft until approved at the next Council meeting.
We’re working on making our published documents more accessible. You may also request a published document in an alternative format.
Members of the public wishing to speak regarding items on the agenda will need to make a request to the Town Clerk before noon (12:00 pm) on the day of the meeting. Please also make sure you have read the Protocol for Public Speaking at Council Meetings.
This is a public meeting. It could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media, or members of the public. We aim to ensure that members of the public are not filmed without consent but cannot guarantee it. Especially if you are speaking or taking an active role. If you are speaking during a virtual meeting with your camera switched on, it will be broadcast and recorded as part of our live stream.
To receive apologies for non-attendance
2. Declarations of Interest and Dispensations
To receive declarations of interest in respect of any item on this agenda and to consider requests from Members for dispensations.
3. Public Participation
Members of public who wish to speak should contact the Town Council by 12.00p.m. on Monday 12 September 2022 to register. An opportunity for members of the public to address the Town Council concerning matters on the agenda. Find out more about public participation at meetings and make a request to speak.
- To approve as a correct record minutes 37 to 55 of the meeting of the Council held on 4 July 2022
5. Committee Minutes
- To note the minutes of the meeting of the Events Committee held on 5 July 2022
- To note the minutes of the meeting of the Events Committee held on 2 August 2022
- To note the minutes of the meeting of the Planning Committee held on 18 July 2022
- To note the minutes of the meeting of the Planning Committee held on 15 August 2022
6. Minutes from outside groups
- To note the minutes of the Falmouth and Penryn Community Network Panel held on Tuesday 14 June 2022
- To note the minutes of the Place Shaping Board held on 16 August 2022
To receive items of correspondence relevant to the Council.
8. Mayor’s Announcements and Engagements
To note the Mayor’s Engagements between 4 July 2022 and 11 September 2022 and to make any announcements
9. Representations by Cornwall Council Members and Reports from Councillors Attending External Meetings
- To receive a report from the Cornwall Councillor(s) representing Penryn
- To receive any reports from Councillors attending external meetings
10. Town Clerk Report
To receive an update report from the Town Clerk
11. Accounts – 1 June to 30 June 2022
To approve a list of accounts paid and the monthly statement for the period 1 June to 30 June 2022
12. Accounts – 1 July to 31 July 2022
To approve a list of accounts paid and the monthly statement for the period 1 July to 31 July 2022
13. External auditor’s report
To note the report of the external auditor PKF Littlejohn LLP for the financial year ended 31 March 2022
14. Community grants
To consider requests for Community Grants
- Carnon Carers
15. Confirmation of Burial Fees from 1 April 2023
To confirm the burial fees from 1 April 2023
16. Review of hall hire charges
To review the hall hire charges for the 2023/24 financial year
17. Compassionate Leave Policy
To adopt the renamed Compassionate and Parental Leave Policy following the review by Ellis Whittam/Worknest.
18. S106 priorities
To review and update the S106 priorities list
19. Highways Expression of Interests
To consider submitting an Expression of Interest for highways schemes
20. Penryn and District Twinning Association
To consider if
- The Town Mayor remains as honorary President of the Twinning association
- The Council appoints a Councillor as a member of the Twinning Management Committee
21. Mayor of Cornwall
To consider a proposal to support the Let Cornwall Decide campaign for a county-wide referendum to be held to determine if a Mayor for Cornwall role is created.
22. Event to promote insulation of homes
To consider an event to promote the insulation of homes – Councillor Widdon
23. Penryn Town Local Trust
To note the information about Penryn Town Local Trust
24. Exclusion of Press and Public
To resolve that in accordance with Section 1 of the Public Bodies Admission to Meetings Act 1960 the press and public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following items by reason of the confidential nature of the items. Proceedings, apart from any resolutions passed, shall remain confidential.
25. To appoint a contractor to survey the additional land owned by the Town Council at the Glebe Cemetery
To appoint a contractor to carry out a survey on the additional land to ascertain if the whole area is suitable for burials
Minutes – to follow
The numbering of minutes is sequential and continues from the previous meeting’s minutes, the numbering restarts at the Annual Meeting of the Council.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF PENRYN HELD ON MONDAY 12 SEPTEMBER 2022 AT 7:00PM IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBER, TOWN HALL, HIGHER MARKET STREET, PENRYN
57. Declarations of Interest and Dispensations
58. Public Participation
Proposed by and seconded by
60. Committee Minutes
61. Minutes from outside groups
63. Mayor’s announcements and engagements
64. Representations by Cornwall Council member(s) and reports from Councillors attending external meetings
65. Town Clerk Report
66. Accounts – 1 June to 30 June 2022
67. Accounts – 1 July to 31 July 2022
68. External auditor’s report
69. Community grants
70. Confirmation of Burial Fees from 1 April 2023
71. Review of hall hire charges
72. Compassionate Leave Policy
73. S106 priorities
74. Highways Expression of Interests
75. Penryn and District Twinning Association
76. Mayor of Cornwall
77. Event to promote insulation of homes
78. Penryn Town Local Trust
79. Exclusion of Press and Public
80. To appoint a contractor to survey the additional land owned by the Town Council at the Glebe Cemetery
There being no further business to transact, the meeting was closed at