Meeting cancelled due to bad weather – next meeting 9 Jan 2023
Dear Resident – You are hereby invited to attend a meeting of Penryn Town Council to be held on Monday 12 December 2022 at 7pm in the Council Chamber, Penryn Town Hall, Higher Market Street, Penryn TR10 8LT for the transaction of the undermentioned business.
PLEASE NOTE: This meeting has been advertised as a public meeting and as such could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public. Please be aware that whilst every effort is taken to ensure that members of the public are not filmed, we cannot guarantee this, especially if you are speaking or taking an active role
To receive apologies for non-attendance
2. Declarations of interest and dispensations
To receive declarations of interest in respect of any item on this agenda and to consider requests from Members for dispensations.
3. Public participation
Members of public who wish to speak should contact the Town Council by 12.00p.m. on Monday 12 December 2022 to register. An opportunity for members of the public to address the Town Council concerning matters on the agenda. Find out more about public participation at meetings and make a request to speak.
- To approve as a correct record minutes 108 to 112 of the meeting of the Council (budgets) held on 28 November 2022
5. Committee minutes
- To note the minutes of the meeting of the Events Committee held on 10 November 2022
- To note the minutes of the Planning Committee held on 21 November 2022
6. Minutes from outside groups
- To note the minutes of the Falmouth and Penryn Community Network Panel held on Tuesday 15 November 2022
To receive items of correspondence relevant to the Council.
8. Mayor’s announcements and engagements
To note the Mayor’s Engagements between 14 November and 11 December 2022 and to make any announcements
9. Representations by Cornwall Council members and reports from Councillors attending external meetings
- To receive a report from the Cornwall Councillor(s) representing Penryn
- To receive any reports from Councillors attending external meetings
10. Town Clerk report
To receive an update report from the Town Clerk
11. Accounts – 1 November to 30 November 2022
To approve a list of accounts paid and the monthly statement for the period 1 November to 30 November 2022
12. Community grants
To consider requests for Community Grants
13. Budget 2023/24
To approve the budget for the 2023/2024 financial year and agree the precept
14. Planning Committee – Full Council
To consider a proposal to bring planning applications within Council meetings rather than having a separate committee
Meeting cancelled due to bad weather – next meeting will be Monday 9 January 2023
The numbering of minutes is sequential and continues from the previous meeting’s minutes, the numbering restarts at the Annual Meeting of the Council.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF PENRYN HELD ON MONDAY 12 DECEMBER 2022 AT 7:00PM IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBER, TOWN HALL, HIGHER MARKET STREET, PENRYN