Penryn Town Council operates a Community Grants Scheme. The budget for the scheme is set annually by the full Council. The purpose of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to community groups, voluntary organisations and charities which provide services that benefit residents of the Parish of Penryn.
Before you apply
Please familiarise yourself with the criteria and processes of making a Community Grant application before you submit one to us. If you are unsure about your eligibility, please contact us.
- Grant applications will not be considered for: an individual, a religious purpose, a political purpose, a race-related purpose, or a private organisation operated like a business to make a profit or surplus.
- Applications will be considered from community groups and charitable organisations serving Penryn residents.
- Small grants of up to £300 will be considered up to the full amount of the cost of any project or activity for which the application is made.
- For grants of more than £300, the Town Council will normally expect to see match funding from another source and will also require a copy of the latest set of annual accounts.
- The organisation will normally be expected to have a written constitution, a copy of which should be submitted as part of the application. Any organisation working or in contact with children should also enclose a copy of its Child Protection Policy.
- Only one grant application will be considered from each organisation in any one financial year. Applicants who have received previous grants from Penryn Town Council in the last three years should give full details of the support received.
- The Town Council will consider grants from national charities provided that they operate within the Parish of Penryn. Due to the high number of such organisations, national charities awarded a grant should not re-apply within a three-year period.
- Ongoing commitments to award grants in future years will not be made. A fresh application will be required each year.
- Each application will be assessed on its own merits.
Applications can be made by completing the online form lower down this page, or by downloading the grant application form (Word Document) and returning it together with all required documentation to the Town Clerk by post or email. Return details are included on the downloadable form.
Any applications that have been made are considered at each meeting of the full Council, excluding the annual meeting held in May each year. Any received after a meeting’s agenda has been published, will be deferred to the next meeting. It’s advisable to submit applications at least seven working days before a meeting is due to take place. Meeting dates are published in our calendar.
On occasion, Town Councillors may wish to visit your organisation to gather further information prior to a decision being made. If the Council is unable to offer financial support, they may choose to offer support in other ways, for example, promotion through its website and noticeboards, or provision of a venue. The Council’s decision is final and there is no right of appeal.
Payment can be made by Bank transfer or cheque, and can only be made to an account in the name of the organisation. Payments will not be made to individuals. We will confirm payment details with you should your application be successful.