Mock Mayor elections are taking place on Saturday 30 September in the Temperance Hall, come along at 6pm to register for election, get your speech ready for the elections to commence at 6:30pm https://www.penryn-tc.gov.uk/council_events/penryn-mock-mayor-2023/
Celebrate the Coronation of King Charles III
Royal Waterside Flotilla – Saturday 6th May 4:30pm to 6:30pm
Join us on Exchequer Quay for the Royal waterside flotilla of various boats made up from Penryn Rowing Club, Falmouth Shrimper Owners and the Sea Cadets will bring the King and Queen up river to Penryn. More boats are most welcome to join in.
‘The Royal flotilla’ will leave Ponsharden at 5pm with arrival at Exchequer Quay at approximately 5.20pm. The Royal Party will be met by the Mayor of Penryn, Councillor Julie Tucker
- Fabulous live music by the band— ‘Cahooty’
- Coronation Beacon will be fired up at 6pm !
- Face Painting and Circus skills juggler
- Refreshments available for purchase from ‘Café on the Quay’
- FREE ice cream for children under 12
- FREE Burger or hotdog for children under 12
To qualify and to help with catering, children under 12 will need to register with Penryn Town Council by midday on the 5 May 2023. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01326373086
Church Service – Sunday 7th May 10am
Join us at St Gluvias Church at 10am for a Eucharist Service and to celebrate the Coronation of King Charles III
- Following the completion of the Service, light refreshments will be served at the back of the Church.
Coronation Party in the Park – Sunday 7th May 1pm to 5pm
The Town Mayor, Councillor Julie Tucker will open the event at Trelawney Park, come along and celebrate the Coronation with:
- Live Music from ‘The Shameless’
- Live Music from ‘Elvis Presley’ (aka Duane Petrauske)
- Face Painting
- Dan Elphinstone performing his circus skills
- Children’s carousel ride
- Performance by the Starlight Majorettes
There will be a licensed bar where drinks can be purchased.
Bring your own blanket and picnic!
Toast to King Charles III – Monday 8th May 11am to 1pm
Celebrate with the Town Mayor, Councillor Julie Tucker in Penryn Town Hall, to toast the King and sign the book of congratulations.
Tea Party – Monday 8th May 3pm to 5pm
A good old fashioned Tea Party, with plenty to eat and drink!
Please bring a suitable mug/cup and plate
To help with catering, please register with Penryn Town Council by midday on the 5 May 2023. Email: email@example.com or telephone 01326373086