Election – Bissom Ward
Following the resignation of Councillor Lucie Hernandez, ten electors from the Bissom Ward have written to the Returning Officer at Cornwall Council requesting an election. A by-election is scheduled to be held on Thursday 25 August 2022.
If contested, i.e. two or more candidates stand, a poll will take place on the 25 August, polling stations will be open 7am until 10pm. Poll cards will be sent to registered who are eligible to vote in this election.
If uncontested, i.e. only one person stands, a poll will NOT take place and said person will be elected uncontested.
If you intend to stand as a candidate you must complete nomination papers, nomination papers can only be submitted in person on any day after the date of this notice, but not later than 4pm on Friday 29 July 2022 to the following location on the specified dates and times:
- Location: Deputy Returning Officer, Cornwall Council, 4S, County Hall, Treyew Road, Truro, TR1 3AY
- Dates: Friday 22 July and Monday 25 July to Friday 29 July inclusive
- Times: 10am – 1pm and 2pm – 4pm
Nomination papers can be obtained from the Deputy Returning Officer at 4S, Cornwall Council, County Hall, Truro TR1 3AY or by telephoning (01209) 614373
Registering to vote
If you are not already on the electoral roll, applications to register to vote at this election close at Midnight on Tuesday 9 August 2022, you can register to vote at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
- New applications to vote by post or to vary or cancel existing postal or proxy voting arrangements must be sent to the Electoral Registration Officer by not later than 5.00pm on Wednesday 10 August 2022.
- New applications to vote by proxy at this election must be sent to the Electoral Registration Officer by not later than 5.00pm on Wednesday 17 August 2022, except in cases where unforeseen illness, incapacity, occupation, service or employment occurs after that time, in which case applications may be received by no later 5.00pm on Thursday 25 August 2022.
- All applications and notices regarding absent voting must be sent to the Electoral Registration Officer, Cornwall Council, 4S, County Hall, Treyew Road, Truro TR1 3AY.