Closing date for Saracen Award Nominations is close of business on Monday 25 October 2021.
For further information please read the news article
Salary: National Living Wage
Penryn Town Council is seeking a part-time Caretaker (15 hours per week)
The successful applicant will be responsible for covering the existing caretaker in opening and locking Council owned buildings plus additional caretaker duties.
Applicants should be flexible as there would be some evening duties along with weekend cover.
This is a temporary position in the first instance, but to be reviewed after six months.
Please submit a CV with covering letter to:
Penryn Town Council, The Library,
St Thomas Street, Penryn, Cornwall TR10 8JN
Telephone: 01326 373086
Closing time/date: 4:30pm on Friday 22 October 2021
Interviews to be held on Friday 29 October 2021
Any additional enquiries please ring 01326 373086 and ask for the finance officer who will clarify any points you may wish to raise.
Please note: Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted
5. Prepare buildings for bookings such as moving furniture as required.
6. Clean Council buildings internally and arrange the replenishment of supplies with the office as necessary.
7. Clean internal and external ground floor windows and doors and other surfaces at ground floor level.
8. Ensure buildings and environs are kept clean and tidy and free of litter.
9. Remove rubbish and put out for regular collections.
10. Carry out basic maintenance tasks on Council assets.
11. Liaise with contractors carrying out work at the premises; monitor the work, deal with any issues arising or seek advice from the Caretaker if necessary. Ensure contactors work safely and leave the site tidy.
12. Provide access for utilities and security companies as required to check meter readings and service equipment.
13. To be a point of contact in case of emergency in Council buildings.
14. Provide cover in the absence of the Caretaker.
15. Act as the Town Council’s representative in all duties, helping members of the public and generally promoting good public relations.
16. Assist with other Council tasks as requested.
17. Maintain good liaison with the Caretaker in respect of all duties.
18. Ensure compliance with health and safety requirements whilst carrying out all duties.
The list of duties is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive; there will be other duties and requirements associated with the post and you may be required to undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required of you.